If you think you could never be a victim of home burglary because things like that don’t happen in your neighbourhood. . . think again!
Home burglary can happen in any neighbourhood. Statistics show homes without some sort of security systems are about 3 times more likely to be broken into than homes with security systems. Many home owners don’t realize how vulnerable they are in their own home until it’s too late.
At ASC we strongly believe that CCTV systems are probably the best security systems out there as this way you manage to secure real hard evidence that can easily be downloaded onto a DVD and used as evidence against the perpetrators.
Alarm systems are good but In reality …. if you think to yourself the amount of times that you have heard an alarm going off through the night! The only thing that you would do is complain about the noise and turn over! It is highly unlikely that you would call the police to report it and you always have in the back of your mind that it might be a false alarm.
Here are some ways to help protect your home and assets
- Close all windows and doors and keep them locked. Home burglars are opportunist. Leaving a door or window open makes it easier for them to enter your house.
- Secure sliding glass doors with a metal rod or something sturdy in the track. Installing vertical bolts will also help prevent burglars from forcing the door open or lifting it off the track.
- Always lock the door to an attached garage. Don’t rely on your automatic garage door opener for security.
- Keep the perimeter of your home well lit. Installing low voltage outdoor lighting is a cost-effective way to discourage intruders, as well as highlight a house. Never leave clues that you are away on a trip. Ask a neighbour to park in your driveway or in front of your home.
- Keep some shades and blinds up and curtains open to make it look like someone is at home. Create the illusion that you are home. Using timers on lights, radios and TV’s. Making your residence appear occupied, even when no one is home, will deter thieves.
- Never leave a message on your answering machine telling people you aren’t home.
- Keep your bushes and trees well trimmed away from entrances and walkways. Hedges provide a hiding place for burglars who need only a minute to break in through a window or door.
- Organize a community watch program with your neighbours to protect your neighbourhood.
- Install a CCTV system to make your home less attractive to burglars. Protect your family assets from home burglary now by contacting one of our team for a free consultation.
The key to preventing home burglary is knowledge. By having a security system in your home you are less likely to be the victim of burglary or theft.
To speak to one of our team please contact…
Office: 01269 842 394
Mobile: 07814 498 157